Wednesday 16 July 2014

"We rock" Wednesday

I talked last week about naming my days. I’ve decided that Wednesdays will be “We rock Wednesday”.

I started this blog partly because being a mama can feel so hard. It’s a culture shock, suddenly having two tiny people who are completely dependent on you. And I want to write for twin mama’s out there who love having twins but who also know it can be tough. Two babies teething at the same time. Two learning to walk, learning the boundaries (potty training, eek!), getting used to the fact that that other child seems to be here A LOT! As I go through my own journey as a twin Mama, I want to feel inspired. I want to get the message out there that you CAN DO THIS. And, that you are doing this, even on days (or weeks) when it doesn't feel like you are doing it very well at all.

I want mama’s who are expecting twins to know even when it’s hard, it’s also so, so amazing. Most of the twin specific books I read when I was expecting just talked about how hard it was, and the early days, if anything just up to the end of the first year. They didn’t really cover how to get inspired as a mama. There is so much out there. Part of my blog and Facebook is to try and bring those two sides together- to share my journey as a twin mama, to put a mindful spin on the stage of life we are in right now (and hopefully in looking back over my own days, to get a little perspective) and to share both practical tips and inspirational thoughts and resources.

We rock. Whether we have twins, or one baby, or many babies. I’ll be reaching out to twin mama’s specifically as a twin mama, but we all shine in our own unique way. I think we can forget that when we are thrown into the deep end of being a mama, of completely changing overnight all we are used to.

As a coach, another thing I want to bring to the table is the element of positive talk, and focusing on what you can do and the changes you can make, that will give you results. Out of the maelstrom of those very early days, the seeds of who I was before I was subsumed into the cycle of bringing up two babies are slowly coming back to me. I can bring so much to this job of raising two men to be.

I can do it, mama. You can too. You rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment