Thursday 24 July 2014

Noticing what went well (We rock Wednesday)

Sometimes it's easy to spend all your time thinking about things which didn't go quite so well. Or that you planned to do, or didn't. We Rock Wednesday is my reminder to myself to give myself a break and to celebrate the good. It's all about an opportunity to spot and remember what is going well. Where we made progress.

As a family it's about us catching each other doing things right. It's a habit I'd like to get into. Often looking back we forget the tiny steps of progress we made. The little everyday things where we said "Well done!". The first time something was achieved. How it was improved.

Just this week:

  • I've tried out a few new recipes for the family - some have gone down well with the boys, some not so well - but if I didn't try I wouldn't know!
  • N has been so helpful to his brother - passing him his water when it was hot, shouting him when it is time to go to breakfast.
  • J has given N a hug when he was upset. These signs of affection between brothers are so beautiful to see.
  • I've managed to get some painting and some blogging done, as well as some tidying up at home. It's all a balance!
  • We got the lawn mowed at the weekend before it rained so we can spent time outdoors.
  • We have been out to twin group and have caught up with friends.

What have you noticed you have done well this week? Tell someone today something great they have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment