Monday 7 July 2014

Be your own brave

We all have our own version of what brave looks like. Sometimes it is the big things. Sometimes it is little things. It's often easier to spot in someone else - we celebrate the things others do quicker that our own success stories. In conversation this week I also learnt something I hadn't thought about - that something which is easy (or easier) for us, is difficult for someone else.

This is huge for me. I can both celebrate my own brave - actions I take to further my dreams or goals, or to get over a fear, and celebrate the actions I take that seem ordinary to me but which would represent brave or challenging to someone else.

Two opportunities to celebrate! Wow!

So for me, I've always not been a fan of driving which has meant lots of walking, and lots of using public transport. So generally speaking using public transport, even with a twin buggy, feels a lot easier than using my car. So now I can learn from those who find driving easy, and don't even think about it, whilst celebrating the freedom I already have in my local environment, walking and using public transport.

What can you celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment