Wednesday 16 July 2014

We Rock Wednesday - Make a mama's day

I am connected to a wonderful group of twin mama's on Facebook. I don't know any of them in person yet they are my extended village. We share so much - what's happening, ask questions about what should be happening, ask for help, and advice and just share the plain wonderful. I am very grateful to be able to have some a wonderful resource.

Today I asked them what one great thing they would love to hear as a twin mama. We often hear "Phew, that looks hard", or " You've got your hands full" or "Rather you than me". I got a wealth of wonderful things that they would both like to hear and that they had heard which had really made a difference to their day. I'll be sharing a few of these over the next few weeks. 


You make it look easy.

I often don't feel like I make it look easy. I feel it looks hot, and sweaty, and a little bit late. Some of that may be true, and some of it is just my perception (pushing a double buggy plus two toddler twins does have all of the effect above!). Yet when someone takes that extra moment to see me, to see the effort that has gone in and to acknowledge it with praise, it makes my heart sing. It's a little bit easier to be in love with now, when you know the world is on your side.

We often feel like a swan, gliding in public view but paddling madly beneath the scenes. You make it look easy gives us confidence it's going right. That it's working. 
It tells us that getting out of the house was worth the effort.
It encourages us to try again tomorrow. 
Even on a day when it doesn't feel easy, and maybe on those days when you can see that it's taking us a little bit more effort than we would like, this simple phrase can breathe new heart into us.

We stand just a little bit straighter. We are heartfelt in our thank you's. 
You rock it mama, and yes, you make it look easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment